AAAS David and Betty Hamburg Award for Science Diplomacy in the USA 2023 is available for a person or a small group of people in the scientific, technical, or foreign affairs sectors.
For the AAAS David and Betty Hamburg Award for Science Diplomacy in the United States in 2023, the American Association for the Advancement of Science is accepting submissions.
The AAAS David and Betty Hamburg Award for Science Diplomacy honors a person or a small group of people in the scientific, technical, or foreign affairs sectors who have made a significant contribution to the advancement of science diplomacy.
Worth of Award: The award recipient receives
- A monetary prize of $10,000,
- A commemorative plaque,
- Complimentary registration for the AAAS Annual Meeting and
- Reimbursement for travel and hotel expenses to attend.
There’ll also be:
- Worldwide promotions of their achievements through AAAS communication channels, and
- The opportunity to publish their work in Science & Diplomacy.
The AAAS David and Betty Hamburg Award for Science Diplomacy are open to any person or small organization in the scientific or foreign policy community who has contributed to the role of scientific collaboration in strengthening relations between and among societies.
- Everyone is eligible for the prize, regardless of country of citizenship.
- At the time of their nomination, nominees must be alive.
- Self-nominations are accepted for the award.
How to Apply: The submission form requests the following information:
- Nominator’s name and contact information (including email, address, and phone number).
- Nominee’s name and title, institutional affiliation, and contact information (email, address, and phone number).
- A summary of the accomplishment(s) that form the basis for the nomination (about 250 words).
- A longer statement (not to exceed three pages) providing additional details of the accomplishment(s) for which the individual/group is nominated.
- A CV (three-page maximum) of the nominee(s).
- One letter of support written by someone other than the nominator (for self-nominations we request two letters, which should be submitted separately by the letter writer).
- Optional: Documentation (links to books, articles, or other materials) that illuminates the significance of the nominee’s achievement may also be submitted.
Nomination materials must be received in English; all materials become the property of AAAS.
Submit a nomination via the award portal: https://hamburgsciencediplomacy.secure-platform.com/a/organizations/main/home
Deadline: The Center for Science Diplomacy is accepting nominations for the 2023 award from April 15 through June 30, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information.
Recommended for you